At Lex & Lennon, we strive to make environmentally conscious choices. We recognize that everything we consume has a significant impact on the environment. For that reason, we select options that minimize our impact, while still being able to offer beautifully curated gifts.
Here are some things we are currently doing:
- We exclusively source items in our gift boxes from small shops and makers across Canada. Not only does sourcing locally reduce the carbon footprint from transportation and manufacturing but it also further supports small businesses in our communities.
- All of our classic white cardboard gift boxes are made from 100% recycled material. They are intentionally unbranded so they can be reused.
- Our signature wooden boxes are made within 30 minutes from us from locally-sourced wood.
We use crinkle paper to fill and support items in our boxes. Crinkle paper is made from shredded recycled paper and can be reused.
- Our shipping boxes are corrugated cardboard that can be recycled in your local recycling program or, better yet, reused or repurposed.
Contents within our shipping boxes are cushioned with biodegradable peanuts made from organic starch which can fully decompose in water, resulting in no toxic waste.
- Where packaging is used for items in our gift boxes, we favour items that are in glass, steel, or paper packaging. We also source items created with natural ingredients and, if possible, organic, fair-trade, and/or vegan certifications.
- We have added sustainable packaging items such as our eco-friendly branded stickers and packing tape.